Questions? CLICK HERE to Email Us!
ARE YOU LOOKING TO GET SOME PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT BOOKS?
We are thrilled to be able to share the news that the STA executive passed a motion at our executive meeting to allow our members to be able to put more of their Pro-D funds towards professional books.
“Move that we increase the Pro-D book allowance to $250 with the stipulation that any books over $100 must come from the pre-approved book list until May 31, 2021”
Here is what you need to know:
- The first $100 can be spent on books other than the pre-approved list as long as they meet all applicable STA policy and the BCTF Pro-D lens, although all $250 can be spent on pre-approved books.
If one or more of your books has been denied you may reapply.
CHOOSE FROM YOUR OPTIONS BELOW:
Check out this list before submitting a Pre-Approval form for your books. If approved just complete a Pro-D Book Expense form and submit your receipt.
If your book is not on the Pre-Approved List, click the image above to submit a pre-approval for your book(s) of choice.
Once you have approval for your Pro-D Books, submit your expense form and receipts by clicking the image above.
What is a Pro-D Book?
Professional Books (paper and electronic), targeted towards teachers, used for improving teaching practices. These funds must come from site based or collective funds accounts to a maximum of $100 per year.
What isn’t a Pro-D Book?
- Guided by the purposes and principles of professional development and the BCTF’s Pro-D Lens (See Appendix B), examples not funded listed in categories include:
- Books, videos, software and teaching materials that will be used directly in the classroom:
- -Class sets of novels
- -Novels to be read out loud to the class
- -Blackline masters
- -Fitness apps
- -Puzzle books
- -Learning resources and equipment